Returns & Refunds Policy
Bilden has curated some of the finest homeware designers in the UK. We are bringing them together in one place for the first time. Many of our products are made to order and manufactured in a mixture of established designer’s factories and local workshops. The result is that many of our products have differentiating lead times originating from all corners of the UK. Please refer to a products specific page to discover the returns policy. If you have any specific questions regarding returns, please feel free to reach out to us via our chat box.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
1. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
2. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
b. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
3. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
4. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
5. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods
over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
6. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
7. You can use any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.bildenhome.com. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
8. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
9. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
10. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
11. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
12. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
13. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
14. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at
1 Siyah Garden , E3 4TR without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
15. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the
exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Effects of cancellation on any made to order products
16. Products that are made to order are clearly stated in the product descriptions.
17. As many of our products are made to order, we charge a minimum 30% return fee. All customised orders cannot be returned as they have been personalised for your order and cannot be used for future orders. It is expected that the goods will be returned in the same condition they are received by you. You are liable for all postage costs and breakages incurred during the return delivery. Products must be returned within 28 days of receipt of goods.